Planned Giving to Benefit KVNO
Are you looking for a way to benefit your loved ones and KVNO?
Have a retirement account that you're not quite ready to tap into?
Would you like to find a way to maximize your estate and your legacy?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, planned giving may be an option for you. Some planned gifts can be made without giving any money right now; others will provide an income to you or return assets to family members. The best news of all is that planned gifts can often provide significant tax advantages.
What are the different types of planned gifts?
- Bequests: You designate a specific percentage, dollar amount or item to be donated to KVNO through your will or living trust.
- Retirement Plan Assets: Benefit KVNO while still generating income for family members and saving on taxes.
- Life Insurance: You can name KVNO as beneficiary or owner and beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Real Estate: You can give a remainder interest in your home or farm to KVNO while continuing to live in your home for as long as you like.
- Charitable Gift Annuities: In exchange for your gift of cash, stocks or bonds, KVNO will pay a fixed income to beneficiaries you name for their lifetime, and you receive an immediate income tax deduction.
- Charitable Remainder Unitrust: This type of trust allows you or a beneficiary to receive an income from your gift.
- Charitable Lead Trust: With this option, your assets are transferred to a trust that generates income to support KVNO and you receive a tax benefit.
How do I learn more?
If you'd like to learn more, fill out this short form or contact KVNO Development Director Ben Rasmussen at (402) 554-5877 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Camille Allen, NUF PG, a gift planning professional at the University of Nebraska Foundation, who administers planned giving for KVNO, at email@example.com or 402.502.4119. More information is also available at the NU Foundation's website. Your planned gift to KVNO will help you and help sustain classical music for the future in our community!